- Wake up half-an-hour earlier than normal and take the dog for a morning walk. Tell yourself you’ll do this every day because it’s good for the both of you. You won’t.
- Wear something that makes you feel pretty.
- Treat yourself to store-bought coffee and fancy pastry. It’s a splurge but you deserve it. It’s The First Day Back to Work.
- Pretend it’s The First Day of a New Job. And everything is new and fresh and untainted with past annoyances. Be on your Best Behavior with your “new” boss and colleagues.
- Get the h*ll out of the building at lunchtime. Those “new” people are annoying you already (jk, New People!).
- Take ten minutes to meditate. Just…close your eyes and focus on your breath…and try to let everything else slip away. If things sneak in (and they will!), “label” them – “planning,” “fretting,” “expecting the worst,” etc. Be aware of what’s interrupting *your* time…and then let it go.
- Spend the afternoon getting excited and happy about The Really Really Good Thing that you’ve planned for yourself. Yay.
- Don’t stay there a second longer than you have to.
- Hurry home to Really Really Good Thing. Enjoy IMMENSELY.
- Have actual dinner, not just ice cream (even with sprinkles, that’s not *really* a real meal).
- Be a little productive. Not too much. Don’t want to burn yourself out the first day.
- Go to bed early, noting before falling asleep, that you survived. Good for you!
(no pictures today, can you believe it?!?))