(all photos by me)
I love books. Have always loved books. Over the years had amassed a collection of literally thousands of books. At my house, they were everywhere – bookshelves, stairs, chairs, floor, everywhere. When I moved, I had to get rid of a lot of books. A LOT of books. A lot. It was sad. They were my friends. At any time I could go…there’s a picture…of an aqua slat-back chair in a garden…and I knew just where the book was that had that picture…or that recipe…or that quote.
A few years back I was inspired (by some blog photo, I’m sure!) to sort my books on shelves by color. People thought it was crazy, how would I ever find anything. But I’m a very visual person, and very quickly I knew books by spine color as well as by title, author, or subject, and had no problem finding anything.
It was a little disconcerting to move to this apartment and set up my new lovely bookshelves…and find that the books I had kept in the move just BARELY filled the shelves. My apartment feels a little…vacant…with so few books.
I’m slowly restocking. And each new book is like a new friend – telling new stories, taking me to new places, teaching me new things, inspiring me in new ways.
So imagine my pleasure in learning of this amazing giveaway by Chronicle Books – list up to $500 worth of Chronicle books you’d like to win…and you’re entered to win them! AND, if you’re a reader of Dragonfly and comment on this post, you can win, too!
Here’s my list of Chronicle books I’d love to win – a mix of photography, decorating, cooking, and fiction:
- Mick Rock Exposed: The Faces of Rock ‘n’ Roll by Mick Rock
- Photobooth Dogs by Cameron Woo
- Life on the Lower East Side by Rebecca Lepkoff, Peter Dans, and Suzanne Wasserman
- Taking Aim by Graham Nash
- Subway Art by Martha Cooper and Henry Chalfan
- Hot Shots by Kevin Meredith
- Desert Realty by Ed Freeman
- To Each His Home by Bilyana Dimitrova
- Handmade Weddings by Sabrina Moyle, Eunice Moyle, and Shana Faust
- Indie Craft by Jo Waterhouse
- French General: Treasured Notions by Kaari Men
- French General: Handmade Soirées by Kaari Meng
- French General: Party Paperie by Kaari Meng
- French General: Home Sewn by Kaari Meng
- Porch Parties by Denise Gee
- Swimming With Strangers by Kirsten Sundberg Lunstrum
- Fairy Parties by Colleen Mullaney
- All Cakes Considered by Melissa Gray
Make sure you enter, too!